SEND Specialist Expertise
SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Mrs Brannan.
She can be contacted in the following ways:
- Through our school office on 0191 3852675 and speak to Mrs Farrer or Mrs Middleton.
- Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Through our contact page on this site.
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Chester-le-Street One Point Hub
- School Educational Psychologist
- Chester-le-Street Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
- Durham Movement Difficulties Service
- Durham Independent Support
- Special Education Needs Inclusion Team
- Speech and Language Therapy
- School Nurse Service
- Medical Practitioners
- Occupational Therapy
- Autistic Spectrum Team
- Looked After Children
- Services for Hearing and Visual Impairment
How We Secure Specialist Expertise?
Our Additional Needs Budget is used to support children and young people with SEN.
In 2022/23 our notional SEN budget was £88,889
This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
- Providing support staff to work with children with SEN
- Provide training for staff
- Purchase resources for children with SEN (wedge cushions, intervention programmes)
- Buy into services from specialist services such as Educational Psychology Service, Cognition and Learning Team, Autistic Spectrum Condition Team, additional Speech and Language Therapy.
If a child has complex special educational needs, we also apply for additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.
Fence Houses, Houghton Le Spring
Tyne And Wear DH4 6AR