Head Teacher's Welcome
My name is Philip Adamson and I have had the privilege to be Woodlea’s Headteacher since 2008. To be custodian of such a highly regarded school, and work with such fantastic children, staff and supportive families is my dream job. As a father myself, I understand that all parents want their children to be happy to come to school in the morning and be full of smiles at home time having had a productive and fulfilling day, where they were well taught and cared for. Woodlea staff share passionately in this vision, and work hard every day to make this simple concept a reality.
Crucial to the success of our school are the positive relationships that exist between staff, children and parents. These relationships are built on trust and respect; they are highly valued and never taken for granted. For it is only by working together, that we can mould our children into confident, mature and articulate young people who are ready for the next stage of their development.
“What have you done today to make you feel proud?” Heather Small 2000
Our school motto is ‘Proud’, and it is not just a word in Woodlea, it is a sentiment that is engrained into the ethos of our school. Therefore, I am proud to have the opportunity to serve as Headteacher of our fabulous school and work with all sections of the school community to ensure that Woodlea remains a very special place in which to learn and grow.
At Woodlea we aim to:
- Provide opportunities for all children to achieve their full potential
- provide a broad, balanced, exciting curriculum within a caring and welcoming environment
- foster a ‘have a go’ attitude, where children feel safe to try new things
- celebrate children’s successes
- create a school ethos that is firmly based on mutual trust, respect and tolerance
- encourage caring and thoughtful attitudes
- nurture confidence, resilience and independence
- empower pupils to make informed decisions and choices
Fence Houses, Houghton Le Spring
Tyne And Wear DH4 6AR